The main sensor is a 48MP wide angle that has impressive dynamic range and sharpness that’s typically plagued by underexposure. Shark Space is the dedicated gaming centre of the Black Shark series. You can either tap on the app or press and hold both the trigger buttons to activate it. That would be remarkable progress and is faster than the claimed speed of Oppo’s 125W flash charge tech that was announced in summer 2020.
So you’ll want to proceed with some caution here, depending on the game that you’re playing. From playing games to getting some work done, the Black Shark 4 was able to handle everything that I threw at it. The Snapdragon 870 may not have the same clock speeds as something like the Snapdragon 888, but it can definitely keep up. Obviously, this is helped with the RAM combination being used (8GB in our model), but the CPU is enough of a horse to be more than sufficient for pretty much anything stock firmware ROM. As for the Black Shark 5 Pro’s fast charging, it’s very effective. Especially since Black Shark offers a feature called Dual-mode Charge that allows you to choose from two fast charging methods.
The Black Shark 4’s next-gen 6.67″ AMOLED display improves brightness, color accuracy, and battery performance compared to previous displays. As the successor, the new Black Shark gaming-phone heat dissipation is bound to be further strengthened, and the Snapdragon 888 performance is expected to be fully released to enhance the gaming experience. Where the “gaming phone” aspects do arise is on the right-side of the phone. There are two switches placed on either side of the power button, which also doubles as your fingerprint scanner. But when these switches are activated, two shoulder triggers buttons emerge and snap into place. Against the RedMagic 7 and RedMagic 7 Pro or the Poco F4 GT, the Black Shark 5 Pro has its chances.
- Red Magic 6 series starts at £509/US$599, while you’ll pay at least £799 (approx. US$1,100) for the
- The front-facing camera is pretty good, though — 4-in-1 pixel binning the 20MP shot with decent HDR to make a balanced image.
- If you are having problems with system and apps your Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro you can use many advanced options or install a Stock ROM with bootloader mode.
- But I don’t think it’s a big deal as the phone’s Snapdragon 888 chip is more than fast enough for the latest mobile games.
- A higher score on this segment will provide a faster and more flexible experience when using the mobile network function.
It’s important to note, however, that not all games and applications can take advantage of that 144Hz display. The display could do with being a bit brighter, which I primarily wanted when gaming outdoors. To celebrate the launch, Black Shark is offering $30 off the purchase price of $479 at AliExpress – use coupon code 30BSSELL.